The Liebster Award
Okay, so, I’ve never received an award before. Well, not on WordPress, anyway. I hope I’m doing this right. Sweet as pie “Theodora Zheng” has bestowed this honor upon me. I will do my best to follow all the rules.
• Post 11 random facts about yourself (check!)
• Answer 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you (check!)
• Nominate 11 bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to do the same (umm…)
• Let the bloggers know you have nominated know they have been nominated (done!)
Eleven Random Facts about Me:
1. I love seafood and lamb, although my diet is primarily vegetarian.
2. Most people who “know” me think I am an extrovert… but really, I’m just a socially well-adjusted introvert.
3. I am a hopeless romantic with zero romance in my life… Lol, life is so grand.
4. When I got divorced, I kept all of the tools (because I was the only one who used them).
5. I will try almost anything once, as long as it doesn’t compromise my morals or involve narcotics… oh yeah, or lots of pain (that ain’t cool!)
6. Football is my favorite sport (to watch and play).
7. I love to travel, both to new places and old favorites (so far Israel is my FAVORITE!)
8. I get along with everyone, but I’m a loner at heart.
9. I work mainly with the upper class; live amongst the middle class; and serve and worship with the poor and homeless.
10. Music moves me on every level. I enjoy almost all genres, except metal, mariachi, and techno. Jazz has to be along the acid and Latin lines.
11. I am a Gemini, Water, Ox… if you know anything regarding Western and Eastern astrology, this will tell you practically everything about my innate design. If you don’t… well, it’s hard not to love me! Haha… nah, I’m sure I get on some people’s nerves. But, I’m intuitive enough to know where I don’t belong and independent enough to have no problem walking away.
Eleven Questions Asked by My Nominator…
1. Do you prefer cities, suburbs, or villages? Answer: Suburbs… more peaceful than the city, but you still have toilets.
2. Do you find it more productive to write longhand (pen, pencil, paper) or on a computer/typewriter? Answer: Longhand… I’m on the computer 80% of the time for work, but true creativity and rapid thought processing flows directly from hand to paper.
3. What’s your favorite flavored drink? Answer: Hmm… Horchata and Thai Iced Tea come to mind first, also love watermelon slushy! … assuming water with lemon doesn’t count 🙂
4. What is the dream closest to your heart (that you’re willing to share)? Answer: Ooh… this is harder than it seems. Well, I have dreams for myself and dreams for society, but the one closest to my heart is the spiritual, emotional, intellectual, and physical health of my son. He’ll be leaving for college pretty soon and becoming an adult, so I pray for his heart’s desires to be appropriate and divinely met.
5. What song has been stuck in your head? Or what song have you been listening to recently? Answer: Kings & Queens by Audio Adrenaline
6. Name something you do to de-stress. Answer: Pray… dance… exercise… write
7. Describe your current fashion, and ideal fashion. If they’re different, what’s stopping you? Answer: Fashion has no dominant role in my life. I like simple, unique pieces that are timeless and interchangeable. Work clothes, play clothes, and make-you-look-twice clothes are all a matter of fit and function in my opinion.
8. Why do you smile each day? Answer: God holds my heart.
9. What’s the most pressing issue facing the world today? Not just America or your specific country, but the globe. Answer: Hunger… poverty… poverty of spirit… lack of Love… injustice… greed… intolerance (perhaps evil & indifference is a proper summation).
10. How do you feel about Tuesdays? Answer: They are often better than Mondays, one step closer to hump days, and – if nothing else – the only days you get movie and dining discounts if you are able to spare the time.
11. Is the penny useful? Answer: If you don’t want to break a dollar to spend a cent 🙂
Okay… so, most of the blogs I read have a bazillion followers. I will keep combing through the masses for those with less than 200 WordPress stalkers. In the meantime, my first nominee is Chojin Bain (Farzam). Granted, I can’t read even half of his postings due to language; the stuff I can read is well worth the effort.
As my search for nominees continues… here are the questions I pose:
1. What is your driving force?
2. Who is your favorite musical artist?
3. How do you define love?
4. What is your favorite dessert?
5. If you could visit any place in the world, where would you go?
6. What is your greatest pet peeve (annoyance)?
7. Which animal would you most liken yourself to and why?
8. What do you love most about your life?
9. Do you believe in miracles?
10. What do you love most about yourself?
11. What do you value most in others?
Thank you 🙂
Thank you 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person